Tree Cutting Waltham Holy Cross London
Trust that your trees are going to be taken care of in the most professional, safe, and efficient way possible. Tree Cutting Waltham Holy Cross London.
You might want to take a breath before Tree Cutting Waltham Holy Cross London in the UK. Before making any decision, it is crucial to know if you are within the purview of the law-after all ignorance of the law is no excuse.
So, are there any legal consequences when you cut down a tree in the UK? The general answer is yes, you can’t just cut down a tree anyhow in the UK.
The Forestry Commission is responsible for the protection and preservation of trees in the UK. To fulfill their responsibility, there are some laid down rules they have set.
One of these is getting a felling licence before you can cut down a tree in the UK. Without these felling licences, if you cut down a tree in the UK, you might be breaching a law.
Instances where you can cut down a tree without legal consequences
However, to every rule, there is an exception. This means that there are some instances where you can cut down trees and you’ll not be subject to legal consequences even if you do not possess a felling licence.
Some of these instances include:
- Tree Cutting Waltham Holy Cross London within your home. You have the liberty to cut down any tree that is within your compound so long as it is not subject to any Tree Preservation Order.
Where you are a tenant, you must first secure the permission of your landlord first before cutting down any tree on the property.
- You can cut down a tree to prevent the spread of a contagious disease from spreading to other neighbouring trees.
This is however subject to a Statutory Plant Health Notice
- You can also cut down trees with a diameter less than 8cm at a height of 1.3m on the main stem without having a felling licence.
- You are also allowed to cut down up to 5 cubic metres of timber each calendar quarter without possessing a felling licence.
Legal Consequences of Tree Cutting Waltham Holy Cross London Unlawfully
Where you do not fall within the purview of the exceptions above and you do not possess a felling licence, cutting down a tree may make you liable to some legal consequences.
- You may be liable to pay a fine of twenty thousand pounds
- You are also liable to being prosecuted for cutting down trees without a licence.
The circumstances of the case will determine the punishment you will receive.
- You may also be served a notice to replace the tree you have cut down
- You may also be liable to all the above listed punishments
It is very important to be aware of laws protecting trees in your area before you go Tree Cutting Waltham Holy Cross London any tree. Ensure that you are within the exceptions provided where you do not have a felling licence.
And if you do not fall within the exceptions, the only remedy is to obtain a felling licence from the Forestry Commission. Trees are an important part of nature and it is trite that we protect and preserve them so as to develop our environment.